Rights, Remedies & Responsibilities: Navigating COVID’s Impact on Landlords and Tenants
Noon CT | 1 pm ET
The COVID-19 pandemic has created a multitude of challenges for the real estate industry, affecting landlords’ responsibilities and tenants’ obligations and ability to pay. Join Fox partners Chris Clark and Mark Goodman for a discussion about this evolving area, including what lies ahead and the changes that may become permanent.
Topics will include:
- Force majeure: definition, application and provisions
- Impacts of COVID-19 on purchase and sale agreements
- Changing space demands and effects on e-commerce
- Commercial leasing and rent
- Lease formation and defaults
- Remedies for default in the context of COVID-19
- Other considerations, including tenant bankruptcy, premises liability and vendor agreements
Fox Rothschild LLP is an Accredited Provider of Continuing Legal Education in California, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Texas. This program is eligible for a maximum of 60 minutes of CLE instruction in these states. We will seek accreditation in other states where eligible by request.