Rules & Ramifications: New York’s Diversity & Inclusion CLE Requirement
101 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY 10178
The New York State Bar Association has a new CLE requirement that became effective July 1: at least one credit hour must now be in the area of Diversity, Inclusion and Elimination of Bias (D&I).
Join Fox Labor & Employment Partner Glenn Grindlinger for a review of the rule and its potential influence on the practice of law.
- Current status of D&I in the law
- Basis for the ABA’s resolution to encourage the adoption of a D&I CLE requirement
- How a firm’s focus on D&I enhances its ability to serve a diverse population, given the changing business, judiciary and regulatory landscape
- How D&I can enhance productivity and business development
- How to make strides toward D&I through elimination of bias through recruiting, retention, work assignments and succession planning