Social Security No-Match Letters and Form I-9: Immigration Compliance for Employers
The Social Security Administration has resumed issuance of Social Security No-Match Letters. It is now more important than ever for employers in all industries to ensure accurate records for wage reporting and compliance with the Form I-9 verification requirements.
Join Ali Brodie, co-chair of Fox Rothschild’s Immigration Practice, for lunch and an overview of immigration and workplace compliance, including Form I-9 and government inspections.
- Handling the receipt of Social Security No-Match Letters
- Specifics about executing the I-9 under current rules
- Preparing for an ICE audit or other worksite enforcement action
- Documenting employees without violating anti-discrimination laws
- Identifying and reviewing documents for authenticity
- Auditing and correcting I-9 forms
- Navigating pitfalls in the process
- Understanding the penalties for noncompliance, including simple clerical errors
- Best practices for developing a companywide compliance program
Who Should Attend
Employers and business owners; HR professionals and payroll administrators; federal contractors; E-Verify users; and anyone interested in learning about Form I-9 and the E-Verify program.
HRCI credits are pending