Sports Betting – A Whole New World
10am ET | 7am PT
This course will examine the legal issues surrounding sports wagering in the United States, the legislative and regulatory frameworks surrounding sports betting and what may lie ahead for this industry in the years to come.
· Legal Background
- o Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act
- o Murphy v. NCAA
- o Wire Act
· Legislative and Regulatory Frameworks
- o State regulators and lotteries
- o Key differences in state laws
- o Current state legislative landscape
· What lies ahead?
- o Policies and procedures by teams, leagues, and schools
- o Fraud prevention
- o Esports and other new frontiers