Succession Planning for the Closely Held Company
Roseland, NJ 07068-1600
Breakfast and Registration: 8 to 8:30 a.m.
Program: 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- A business owner with partners in a closely held company?
- A business owner with children who may – or may not – want to succeed to the business?
- A business owner who has neither co-owners nor a next generation?
- An executive or senior manager of one of the above business types?
If so, we invite you to join us at this interactive breakfast briefing seminar that will cover business succession issues faced by closely held companies and their owners.
Our speakers will highlight how to identify and plan for the needs of an entity when one or more of its owners/operators is unable to continue in the business as a result of a triggering event. We'll also focus on the personal impact to the owner and his or her family when such an event occurs as well as the critical planning elements to mitigate or eliminate adverse consequences.
Additional topics include:
- The types of events that trigger succession issues, such as death, disability and retirement
- How a company can prepare to replace the functions of a departing owner and identify the appropriate people to replace an owner
- Advantages and disadvantages of bringing an owner's children into the business and planning for the succession
- How the departing owner receives value for his/her interest in the business, including various funding mechanisms
For questions or more information, please contact Maria Ockenhouse (215.299.2819).