The Risks of Employee Benefit Plans: The Top 10 Common Mistakes in Administration That Result in Taxes or Penalties (and How to Fix Them)
5420 Lyndon B. Johnson Freeway
Dallas, TX 75240
Join Kathy Barrow, a partner in Fox Rothschild’s Employee Benefits & Compensation Practice Group, for a lunch program designed to help you avoid common mistakes that can occur in employee benefit plan administration.
Attendees will learn:
- Top 10 things that go wrong with employee benefit plans
- How to discover and correct these common mistakes
- “Operational controls” the IRS and DOL look for during audits
- Methods for documenting operational controls for the IRS and DOL
- How to conduct the required due diligence regarding operational controls
- Avoiding the resulting IRS and DOL taxes and penalties
- Why you might reconsider having a third party administrator or insurer administer your plan
- Benefits to controlling the operation of your plan
*Each attendee will also receive a due diligence survey to assist them in discovering and correcting operational errors in their retirement and welfare plans.