What Small Businesses Need to Know About Bankruptcy in the Time of COVID
2 pm ET | 11 am PT
The new Subchapter V of the Bankruptcy Code that went into effect in February appears prescient in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Recently expanded under the CARES Act, these provisions, added to the familiar Chapter 11, create a much more efficient and expeditious restructuring process.
Join Fox Financial Restructuring & Bankruptcy attorneys Mark Hall, Michael Herz and Heather Ries for an update on Subchapter V and how it might benefit your company, as well as other ways to protect your business interests while in bankruptcy.
Topics will include:
- New bankruptcy tool for small business debtors – Subchapter V
- Primary benefits from a debtor’s prospective
- Cost effective and efficient
- Equity retention
- How small business creditors can protect themselves in a bankruptcy
- Preference/fraudulent transfer strategies
- Proper credit/loan documentation and perfection
- Leases and contracts