What to Disclose and When: SEC Corporate Filing in the Time of COVID-19
The coronavirus pandemic has presented corporate compliance professionals with unprecedented issues affecting disclosures, filings and other SEC requirements. As the deadline for submitting Form 10-Qs approaches for non-accelerated filers, understanding the guidance issued by the SEC will be critical to their 10-Q and other periodic filings.
Fox Rothschild’s Securities Industry Practice presents an informative discussion on a variety of compliance topics related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Laura Holm and Jesse Fishman will lead the discussion, covering a range of subjects, including:
- SEC guidance contained in CF Disclosure Guidance Topic #9 and its impact on forward-looking statements, MD&A and disclosure controls and procedures
- Filing an extension for additional time to file your Form 10-Q, 10-K and certain other periodic reports
- Can companies engage in stock buybacks?
- Is it necessary to disclose if your CEO or other officers have COVID-19?
- Effects on periodic reports, proxy statements and other information that needs to be disclosed by companies
- Virtual shareholder meetings