Our International Trade team helps U.S. and international companies comply with the ever-changing export control regulations that govern the flow of products, technology, services and data across borders. Our experienced attorneys track changing international requirements, international sanctions developments, regulatory interpretations and enforcement decisions to ensure clients' businesses stay on track.
We counsel clients on compliance with U.S. Department of State International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), U.S. Department of Commerce Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and international sanctions enforced by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), and offer a wide range of services for companies encountering export control issues.
- Analyzing the U.S. Munitions List and the Commerce Control List to provide export classifications and jurisdiction determinations
- Assisting clients through and preparing EAR, ITAR and OFAC license applications
- Analyzing applicability of OFAC general licenses and exemptions
- Guiding clients through U.S. sanctions to ensure that business with their customers and distributors abroad does not violate OFAC, EAR and other U.S. regulations
- Drafting and negotiating Technical Assistance Agreements
- Developing export compliance policies, trainings, programs and audits
- Conducting civil and criminal investigations
- Preparing, submitting and negotiating voluntary disclosures with the Department of State, Department of Commerce and OFAC
- Preparing enforcement resolutions, and negotiating and settling alleged violations
- Completing due diligence relating to investments and mergers and acquisitions