Beau is the regional practice lead for the firm's Labor & Employment Department in Atlanta. He has a diverse employment law practice advising and serving businesses in a wide range of industries.
He frequently defends against administrative claims before the EEOC and the U.S. Department of Labor, as well as employment lawsuits in the state and federal courts.
His experience includes:
- Arbitration claims
- Affordable Care Act abatements
- Class action and collective action
- Confidentiality agreements
- Development of enforceable mediation and arbitration programs
- FLSA compliance
- Noncompete agreements and non-solicitation agreements
- Pay practices and policies
- Proper classification of independent contractors and employees
- Proper classification of employees as exempt or non-exempt
- Trade secrets related to departing employees
- Traditional labor matters, including proceedings before the NLRB
- Unfair labor practices claims
- Union avoidance, planning, and strategy
Beau also has a particular fluency in privacy law, internet forensics and business litigation. He represents businesses and individuals in lawsuits involving wrongdoing over the Internet, including defamation, computer hacking, identity theft and theft of confidential business information.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Beau was a partner in the Labor & Employment practice of an Atlanta law firm.
Beau was a judicial law clerk to U.S. District Judge Richard A. Schell of the Eastern District of Texas (2003–2004), and was a judicial intern to Judge Marian Blank Horn of U.S.Court of Federal Claims (Summer 2002).
Honors & Awards
- Named among "Legal Elite," Labor and Employment, by Georgia Trend Magazine (2015-2016, 2018-2020)
- Named among "Rising Stars" by Georgia Super Lawyers (2017, 2018)