Franchising & Distribution
We assisted franchise clients in complying with federal and state regulations, including:
- A Southern BBQ-themed restaurant service franchisor with more than two dozen locations across the United States in converting to a licensing to franchising structure.
- A New York City high-end restaurateur in utilizing state and federal franchise exemptions from registration and disclosure.
- An established East Coast jeweler in utilizing the fractional franchise exemption to expand locations.
- An established printing and publishing company in strategizing and structuring its franchise system utilizing the fractional franchise exemption.
- A well-respected caterer in its structuring of a licensing program for online party and event planning using a fractional franchise structure.
- A licensor of cupcake stores formed business contracts with bakery licensees located in three major cities.
- A national childcare franchise system in navigating technology and privacy-related issues.
- A successful Washington, DC-area developer of a popular sub sandwich conceptin various franchise regulatory and contractual matters.
- A youth soccer program in general corporate and franchising matters.
- A provider of youth amateur sports leagues and camps in organizing its franchise system and preparing its franchise disclosure documents and agreements.
- Aprinting service company in converting a licensor system to a franchise system, resulting in improved profitability.
- A well-established regional provider of commercial maintenance servicesin launching a franchise.
- A business providing online education and in-person workshops in launching a franchise. The business handles meetings and events, including related advertising and sponsorships, used to coach and support women in creating, implementing, expanding and networking their business and personal projects.
- Individual franchisees in a wide range of industries, including food, consulting, cleaning and tutoring to photography, homecare and household services.
- Eight of the leading franchisees in an urgent care system.
- A women’s fashion boutique on franchise relations and state registration obligations.
- A temporary staffing business on franchise relations and state registration obligations.