Maximizing the Value of Corporate Intellectual Property Assets Following Enactment of the “America Invents Act”
Noon to 1 p.m.
The Leahy-Smith America Invents Act (AIA), signed into law on September 16, 2011, makes numerous changes to U.S. patent law and USPTO practice. These changes necessitate a re-evaluation of business strategies for patent prosecution, litigation and technology transfer. This webinar, directed to business and patent lawyers, will focus on what practices and strategies businesses must change and reconsider in light of the AIA such as:
- When should an application be filed? The risks of waiting
- What internal practices need to change to protect patent rights?
- Has the equation for choosing between patent and trade secret changed?
- When should a company use the new post issuance patent procedures? Impact on litigation strategy and licensing
- Prior use and when to publish discoveries as a defense to patent claims
- Do you need to consider changing technology agreements? Licensing, joint development and MTAs
Do lab books still matter?