Gordon focuses his practice on financial restructuring and bankruptcy law. He handles a broad range of bankruptcy and insolvency matters as well as complex litigation.
He represents companies, owners, creditors, committees, trustees, assignees and receivers in a wide array of bankruptcy issues.
Gordon has represented:
- Former officers and owners of a Chapter 11 debtor in connection with the bankruptcy case and related litigation
- The Fee Examiner in the City of Detroit Chapter 9 bankruptcy case
- Several related single asset real estate debtors in Chapter 11 cases to restructure debt and/or sell assets
- A creditor in an adversary proceeding to determine non-dischargeability of prepetition judgment
- A national electrical contractor in complex litigation involving trade secret misappropriation and unfair competition claims
- A tax lien investment company in complex breach of contract and professional malpractice litigation
- The official committee of unsecured creditors and the post-confirmation liquidation trust in the Chapter 11 case for a national homebuilder
- A family-owned lumber company in an out-of-court sale and liquidation of business
- The official committee of unsecured creditors in the Chapter 11 case of a regional trucking company
- A state financing authority in connection with Chapter 7, 11 and 12 proceedings
- A regional bank in foreclosure, collection and non-dischargeability proceedings
Before Fox Rothschild
Gordon was a member of Shaw Fishman Glantz & Towbin LLC, which merged with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
He previously clerked for Judge Eugene R. Wedoff of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the Northern District of Illinois.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Gordon was appointed to serve on the Bankruptcy Court Liaison Committee for the Northern District of Illinois for the 2016 to 2018 term.
Honors & Awards
- Named an “Emerging Lawyer” by Leading Lawyers (2015-2016)
- Selected as an Illinois "Rising Star" for Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights by Super Lawyers