Greg has a diverse practice focused on commercial, intellectual property and other business litigation for a wide range of corporate clients, including technology companies, manufacturers, financial institutions, energy companies, health care and pharmaceutical companies, retailers, government entities, colleges and universities and faith-based organizations.
Greg counsels and represents clients in litigation in federal and state courts in Delaware, Pennsylvania and New Jersey in matters that encompass:
- Patent infringement, trademark and trade dress infringement, misappropriation of trade secrets and other intellectual property disputes
- Antitrust and unfair competition issues
- Contractual disputes, business torts and toxic tort matters (including asbestos and benzene)
- Corporate governance, directors' and officers' liability, and other fiduciary matters
- Eminent domain and other real estate related matters
- Products liability
Greg's clients have included:
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Delaware Supermarkets Inc.
- Illinois Tool Works Inc.
- Wilsonart International, Inc.
- ITT Corporation and ITT Manufacturing Enterprises, Inc.
- ING Bank, fsb
- Delaware Department of Transportation
- Delaware College Preparatory Academy
- Haldex Brake Products Corporation
- Macy's, Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Sanofi-Aventis U.S., LLC
- The Kenny Family Shoprites
Greg is a former co-chair of the firm's Diversity Committee and former Office Managing Partner of the Wilmington office.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Greg is a former President of the Delaware State Bar Association. He serves as a member of the Attorney Advisory Committee for the United States District Court for the District of Delaware, co-chairs its Technology Committee and serves as a member of the Local Rules Committee, which works with the Court to revise the Local Rules. Greg also served as Chair of the Judicial Nominating Commission for the State of Delaware, having been appointed by Governor Jack Markell.
He previously served as Chair of the U.S. Magistrate Judge Merit Selection Panel that investigates and interviews candidates for vacant U.S. Magistrate Judge positions. Greg has also served on the Hearing Committee for the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, and is a past President of the Barristers' Association of Philadelphia, Inc.
Greg's various bar affiliation activities have included:
- Former President, Delaware State Bar Association
- Former Treasurer, Delaware State Bar Association
- Former chair, Multicultural Judges and Lawyers Section, Delaware State Bar Association
- Member, Nominations Committee, Delaware State Bar Association
- Member, Awards Committee, Delaware State Bar Association
- Former Philadelphia Delegate, Pennsylvania Bar Association's House of Delegates
- Former co-chair, Minority Attorney Committee, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Former president, Barristers' Association of Philadelphia, Inc.
- Former member, Commission on Judicial Selection and Retention, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Former chair, Brennan Award Committee, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Greg was a founding member and is a past President of the Villanova University School of Law Minority Alumni Society Leadership Board.
Delaware Intellectual Property Litigation Blog
Greg explores the decisions issued by the U.S. District Court of Delaware in the areas of antitrust and intellectual property law in the firm's Delaware Intellectual Property Litigation blog.
Honors & Awards
- Awarded The Thurgood Marshall Award by the Delaware Barristers Association at Annual Louis L. Redding Benefit (2017)
- Selected to the "Most Influential Black Lawyers" list by Savoy Magazine (2015, 2018)
- Awarded The Judge Layton Award for Service by the Judges of the United States District Court for the District of Delaware in recognition of service to the Court and its Bar
- Named to the "Top Lawyers" list by Delaware Today*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers" list for Business Litigation in Pennsylvania (2005-2008, 2010-2017)*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers - Business Edition" list for Business Litigation in Pennsylvania (2013)*
- Named to the "Top Black Lawyers in the Tri-State Area" list by The Network Journal
- Selected to the "Distinguished Under 40 Award" list by the Barristers' Association of Philadelphia, Inc.
- Named to the "40 Under 40" list by the Philadelphia Business Journal*
- Named to the "30 Leaders Under 30" list by Ebony Magazine
- Selected to the "Top African American Lawyers in Philadelphia" Barristers' list by Tribune Magazine (2011)