Gunjan works closely with domestic and international clients to assist in patent drafting, patent prosecution, opposition and appeal proceedings, strategic patent counseling, preparation of patent-related opinions, due diligence, negotiating and preparing licensing agreements and intellectual property assignments. Gunjan is a bioengineer by training, but through her graduate-level research experience and prior work experience, she is knowledgeable in diverse technology areas, including software, consumer electronics, electrical circuits, optics, fluid mechanics, mechanical engineering, life sciences, medical devices and pharmaceutical-related arts.
Gunjan also has experience in trademark prosecution and litigation-related matters.
Some of Gunjan’s representative matters include the following recently secured patents:
- U.S. Patent No. 9,408,889: Fusion Peptide Designed To Reduce Plaque Bacteria and Yeast in the Oral Cavity
- U.S. Patent No. 9,408,271: High Intensity LED Illumination Device With Automated Sensor-Based Control
- U.S. Patent No. 9,404, 760: Efficient Route Planning in Public Transportation Networks
- U.S. Patent No. 9,401, 992: Systems and Methods for Selectively Routing Calls to a Call Center
- U.S. Patent No. 9,383,834: System and Method for Creating and Modifying Physically Transient Handwritten Digital Documents
- U.S. Patent No. 9,367,271: System and Method for Achieving Tap-To-Print Functionality on a Mobile Device
- U.S. Patent No. 9,352,017: Combination Therapy With Leukotoxin
- U.S. Patent No. 9,301,979: Kit Containing Stem Cells and Cytokines for Use in Attenuating Immune Responses
- U.S. Patent No. 9,241,102: Video Capture of Multi-Faceted Documents
- U.S. Patent No. 9,189,996; Selectable, Zone-Based Control for High Intensity LED Illumination System
- U.S. Patent No. 9,188,307: High Intensity LED Illumination Device With Automated Sensor-Based Control
- U.S. Patent No. 9,159,128: Enhanced Multi-Protocol Analysis via Intelligent Supervised Embedding (Empravise) for Multimodal Data Fusion
- U.S. Patent No. 9,137,405: System for Creating Certified Document Copies
- U.S. Patent No. 9,095,835: Method for Processing Hydrocarbon Fuels Using Microwave Energy
- U.S. Patent No. 9,044,730: System for Processing Hydrocarbon Fuels Using Surfaguide
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Gunjan worked as a patent attorney at a boutique intellectual property law firm in San Diego. She primarily handled patent prosecution matters for Fortune 500 companies.
While at the University of San Diego School of Law, Gunjan worked as a law clerk at Pfizer, Inc. and at Life Technologies.
At the University of California, San Diego, Gunjan focused her master’s thesis on the use of stem cells in the treatment of osteoarthritis.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Gunjan is an avid reader and enjoys travelling. She is a part of several Indian outreach organizations that work to promote and support women education in India.