Heather focuses her practice on employment litigation, representing employers throughout the United States in federal and state courts and in various administrative tribunals. Her broad range of litigation experience includes the representation of employers in cases alleging wage and hour, sexual harassment, race, national origin, gender, disability and age discrimination, breach of contract, violations of public policy and tort claims. Heather also handles traditional labor matters including labor arbitrations and NLRB proceedings. In addition, Heather regularly provides counseling to employers on compliance with various state and federal employment laws and regulations.
Heather has been lead counsel in a number of reported cases, including:
- Howe v. Magellan Health Servs., 2106 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 72704 (D.N.J. May 31, 2016)
- Collado v. B’Way Corp., 2016 WL 1572541 (D.N.J. April 19, 2016)
- Pal v. Jersey City Medical Center, 2014 WL 5449804 (D.N.J. October 24, 2014), aff’d, 658 Fed. Appx. 68, 2016 WL 3774060 (3d Cir. July 15, 2016)
- Merkl v. Allied Building Products, Corp., 2013 WL 1346032 (E.D.N.Y. March 28, 2013)
- Price v. Unite Here Local 25, 883 F.Supp.2d 146 (D.D.C. 2012), aff’d, 2013 WL 1267137 (C.A.D.C. March 22, 2013)
- Bryant v. Liberty Health Care System, Inc., 2011 WL 6341087 (N.J. App. Div. Dec. 20, 2011)
- Von Rudenborg v. DiGiorgio Corp., 2011 WL 4594220 (D.N.J. Sept. 30, 2011)
- Fernandez v. Rose Trucking, 429 Fed.Appx. 145 (3d Cir. May 26, 2011)
- Dettelbach-Hook v. St. Peter’s Haven for Families, 2010 WL 4107748 (N.J. App. Div. July 22, 2010)
- James v. Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, 2009 WL 4042718 (D.N.J. Nov. 19, 2009)
- Moss v. E.on AG, 118 Fed.Appx. 553, 2004 WL 2940811 (2d Cir. Dec. 20, 2004)
- Progressive Transportation Services, Inc. and Teamsters Local 445, 340 NLRB 1044 (2003)
- Coach USA Transit Services and Amalgamated Transit Union, Local 1493, 03-2 Lab. Arb. Awards (CCH) P 3492 (March 28, 2003)
- In re Progressive Transp. Services, Inc., 2003 WL 535922 (N.L.R.B. Div. of Judges, Feb. 20, 2003)
- Wilder v. GL Bus Lines, 258 F.3d 126 (2d Cir. 2001)
- Wilder v. GL Bus Lines, 2000 WL 959751, 164 LRRM (BNA) 2906 (S.D.N.Y. Jul. 11, 2000)
Among her leadership roles in the firm, Heather serves as co-chair of the Leadership Subcommittee of the Women’s Initiative. She is also a former co-chair of the Partnership Advancement Committee.
Before Fox Rothschild
Heather was an extern to the Honorable Martin L.C. Feldman, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana and spent several years representing individuals in employment suits.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Heather was elected to the District VB Ethics Committee in 2013. She will serve until August 2021.
Heather is a board member, formerly Co-Secretary (2011 to 2012), Vice President (2009 to 2011) and Chief Financial Officer (2006 to 2009) of the New Jersey Women Lawyers Association and is Co-Director (2013 to present) of the association's Judicial Outreach Committee. Since 2011, Heather has participated in Running 4 Answers, a run/walk benefiting Cure for Alzheimer’s. She is a former Board Member of the Lawyers with Children Association, and from 1997 to 2012 participated in the George Washington Bridge Challenge Walk benefiting the American Cancer Society.
Honors & Awards
- Named to the "Best 50 Women in Business" list by NJBIZ (2011)*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers" list for Employment and Labor Law in New Jersey (2010-2019)*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers - Rising Stars" list for Employment and Labor Law in New Jersey (2006-2009)*
- Named to the "40 Under 40" list by The New Jersey Law Journal (2006)*
- Recipient, Executive Women of New Jersey Award (2016)
- Recipient, Professional Lawyer of the Year Award, New Jersey Commission on Professionalism in the Law and New Jersey Women Lawyers Association (2009)*