Herb is a nationally recognized authority in the complex area of eminent domain. Founder of the firm’s Condemnation Law Group, he has handled condemnation cases in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Kentucky, Texas, California, and other states. Herb is also involved in a broad range of real estate matters, including transactional matters, dispute resolution and real estate litigation.
Herb’s recent work includes:
- Obtaining a judgment from the Tax Court of New Jersey on behalf of the owner of the Borgata Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, shaving $1.38 billion from the Borgata’s 2009 and 2010 assessed values. The judgment resulted in a savings for the client of $48 million plus interest for the two tax years.
- Settlement of over $50 million on behalf of an owner of property taken for the expansion of the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Herb has taught real estate law at Manor Junior College. He has served as board chair of the Committee of Seventy, the Crime Prevention Association, the Immaculata College Real Estate Advisory Board, CORA Services, Inc. and as chair of the Harvard Law School Fund for the Philadelphia area.
Honors & Awards
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law in Pennsylvania by Best Lawyers (2015-2019)
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV Preeminent" rated
- Named a "Super Lawyer" by Philadelphia Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine (2006-2008)