India focuses her practice on litigation and labor and employment law. She represents staffing agencies in acquisitions of new businesses, contracts and employment policy issues.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, India gained professional experience as a summer associate at Fox and another national firm. She also worked as a law clerk in the litigation department of a Miami law firm.
During law school, India served as the Senior Writing Editor for the Business Law Review and the teaching assistant for University of Miami School of Law Dean Osamudia James' Black Lives Matter class. Additionally, India was a Dean's Fellow for eight classes, including 1L Contracts, 1L Criminal Procedure and LL.M. Legal Communication and Research. India also served as a coordinator for Books and Buddies and as the president of the Older Wiser Law Students (OWLS). She was a member of the HOPE Day Executive Board and an active member of the Black Law Student Association, The Society of Bar & Gavel and the Pin PAL Program.
India served as a student attorney in the University of Miami School of Law's Immigration Clinic where she and her partner argued a case before a judge and won asylum for their client.
She is a 2013 Teach for America Charlotte Corps alumna. India taught ninth grade math in North Carolina during the school year and spent her summers working for Johns Hopkins University's Center for Talented Youth in Hong Kong.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
India is a community organizer. In September 2018, she spearheaded a CLE event at the University of Miami School of Law with Florida Supreme Court Justice Barbara Pariente, 15th Circuit Court Judge Cymonie S. Rowe and 2018-19 Florida Bar President Michelle Suskauer.
Honors & Awards
- National Bar Association Gateway to Success Scholar (2018)
- Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar Scholar (2018)
- The Florida Bar Outstanding Labor and Employment Law Student (2018)
- F. Malcolm Cunningham Bar Association Scholar (2018)
- Leadership Institute for Women of Color Attorneys (LIWOCA) Scholar (2017)
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers (FAWL) Miami-Dade Chapter Scholar (2017)
- Wilkie D. Ferguson Jr. Bar Association Scholar (2017)
- Virgil Hawkins Florida Chapter National Bar Association Scholar (2017)
- Judge Eugene P. Spellman Scholar
- Dean’s Merit Scholar
- Dean’s List (2017 Spring Semester)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Legal Communication and Research I
- Dean’s Certificate of Achievement Award in Immigration Clinic II