When companies face external scrutiny or suspect internal wrongdoing, Fox attorneys are experienced at conducting thorough, meticulous internal investigations. We are relentless in the search for the facts, keeping a business’ commercial interests at the forefront. Our attorneys conduct investigations pertaining to information generated by internal company sources and law enforcement inquiries, providing a complete factual, legal and risk analysis.
- Conducted an internal investigation on behalf of a publicly traded logistics company regarding travel and entertainment benefits provided to Egyptian Department of Defense employees. Provided a report to the audit committee and board, and no violations were found as a result.
- Conducted an internal investigation of publicly traded pharmaceutical manufacturer regarding antitrust violations.
- Conducted an internal investigation on behalf of a solar energy company into alleged earnings mismanagement for one of its California subsidiaries. The investigation involved interviews with all of the company's executives, including all C-level executives, as well as a detailed forensic financial analysis. Advised the company on self-reporting, management changes and improved compliance procedures.
- Performed an internal investigation of alleged violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) at an Indian subsidiary of a publicly traded corporation
- Conducted an internal investigation for a software company regarding potential Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) violations
- Conducted internal investigation of publicly traded aerospace company for potential FCPA violations in contract with Indian government. Provided a report to the audit committee, and no governmental action was taken as a result
- Provided assistance in an FCPA internal investigation for a public company of its activities in China, which led to the company self-reporting to the Department of Justice (DOJ). No action was taken by DOJ
- Conducted internal investigation of potential FCPA violations at Korean subsidiary of publicly traded American technology company. Prepared investigative report and advised audit committee of board regarding remediation and reporting requirements