Fox Rothschild attorneys have been involved in many of the nation's largest RMBS cases, including:
- Defended $80 billion in claims filed against the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy estate, including a 2018 trial win that the New York Post called “a whopping defeat” to the claimants. “Fight over Lehman Brothers’ Mortgage claims finally over,” New York Post, March 8, 2018
- Represent Lehman Brothers estate in related litigation against mortgage originators aimed at recovering $1.2 billion in claims paid on bad mortgage loans. Won major victory in August 2018, defeating efforts to have the case moved out of U.S. Bankruptcy Court into federal or state court
- Served as trial counsel in AIG’s opposition to Bank of America’s $8.5 billion RMBS settlement, which the trial judge called “the mother of all MBS suits.” New York Law Journal, April 30, 2014
- Established the largest and most sophisticated loan-level re-underwriting and legal review project ever implemented in connection with the financial crisis in representing Lehman Brothers bankruptcy estate
- Prosecuted hundreds of millions of dollars of indemnification claims for the benefit of the Lehman estate and its creditors
- Successfully tried a 23-day, multibillion-dollar residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS) dispute in the Southern District of New York Bankruptcy Court
- Represented Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., in connection with multimillion-dollar secondary mortgage market claims in alternative dispute resolution and in court
- Secured favorable settlement for RMBS investor-plaintiff in a complex mortgage servicing case arising from the collapse of Washington Mutual
- Developed expert case in support of AIG’s challenge to Bank of America’s proposed $8.5 billion settlement of its legacy RMBS liability and participated in highly publicized trial spanning several weeks in the New York Supreme Court, Commercial Division.
- Secured multiple injunctions in non-compete, trade secrets, and unfair competition matters on behalf of a large financial services institution.