We provide energy clients with practical, business-oriented guidance for harnessing technologies exploration, drilling, and production throughout the world.
Our experience includes negotiating and drafting licenses and transactions involving the transfer of intellectual property rights and the assignment of operating licenses.
- Represented a chemical company in the industrial manufacturing sector in restrictive covenant and misappropriation of trade secrets cases before federal courts in Ohio and Pennsylvania.
- Defended a pipe restoration company from misappropriation claims valued at $40 million. We secured a complete defense verdict on all trade secret claims.
- Performed patent due diligence and freedom to operate studies in connection with an acquisition of a provider of “smart grid” control technologies.
- Handling patent matters for technologies involving the conversion of coal, natural gas and other hydrocarbons to fuel and other materials.
- Representing a global manufacturer of power management technologies in patent matters.
- Secured patents and handled licensing for an innovative system that remediates and enables re-use of hydrofracturing fluid
- Represented a company in license negotiations and patent diligence with a national research laboratory involving technologies for converting coal to liquid fuels.
- Representing a company that provides water supply and treatment services for the shale gas industry in trademarks and licensing work