We know how to protect the value of creative work.
Fox's Entertainment and IP Departments assist clients at every step in policing and defending copyrights and trademarks. You want to maximize the returns on your original content. We understand that.
- Won summary judgment dismissal of copyright claim asserted against NBC Universal and Reveille LLC in which plaintiff contended that popular television show “The Biggest Loser” infringed on her copyrighted treatment.
- Represented a cable network in breach of copyright matter brought by competing producer regarding a television special on African-American military regiment.
- Represent broadcasters in numerous disputed claims of copyright infringement and invasion of privacy.
- Represented a Canadian broadcaster against several copyright claims brought by a producer.
- Successfully handled multiple litigations for Apple Corps Ltd. involving copyright and trademark infringement of The Beatles’ intellectual property rights and the unauthorized use of their name and likeness.
- An entertainment and publication client in one of the largest Section 337 actions before the ITC under the federal Tariff Act to exclude goods brought into the county in violation of U.S. patent laws.
International Trade Commission
- Thunderbird Films, Inc., a Canadian production company, in a case brought regarding the originality of a broadcast television program and allegedly unfair methods of competition.
- Helped a global online gaming service license its technology as an over-the-top service to a multimedia content delivery provider.