A university is many things at once. Research facility. Publisher. Advertiser.
Ergo, its intellectual property concerns run the gamut. Patents. Copyrights. Trademarks.
Fox delivers the full range of intellectual property services with the razor-sharp focus of a boutique firm and the robust resources of a national firm.
We represent colleges and universities in securing and protecting patents for medical, pharmaceutical and technological advances. We also represent educational publishers in complex copyright litigation.
And don't forget about those baseball caps and football jerseys. We assist colleges in establishing licensing agreements to protect and exploit the value of its various trademarks.
- Helped establish the licensing program for the famous Dartmouth College name and mark, and have advised the college in copyright and trademark matters since 1980.
- Licensed patents for a large public research university's technology that forms polymeric composites with a strength to density ratio greater than titanium.
- Managed a licensed portfolio of more than 100 biomedical patents for a major public research university. The portfolio includes an award winning patent for world’s first fully resorbable and x-ray visible plastic coronary stent.
- Prosecuted a large public research university's patent portfolio of organometallic LED semiconductor materials.
- Managed the portfolio of a large public research university's spin out company that uses computer-based methods to study neuro-development issues, neurological disorders and assess neurological injuries.
- Managed the portfolio of a large public research university's spin out company for an artificial knee meniscus, as well as its equipment and 3D-printing methods.
- Managed the portfolio of a medical school's spin out company for stem cell therapies that treat spinal cord injuries.
- Managed the portfolio of a medical school's spin out company for insulin-mimetic compounds that treat bone injuries.
- Managed the portfolio of a medical school's spin out company for small molecule therapeutics that treat dyskinesia.
- Prosecuted an ivy league university's patent for a nerve regeneration scaffold based on a medical polymer with a patterned coating that promotes the alignment and growth of nerve cells into nerve tissue.
- Prosecuted an ivy league university's patent application for ultrasonic imaging software that uses full waveform inversion.