An experienced real estate adviser, Jay believes that knowing a client's business is essential in tailoring his service to fit their specific business needs and philosophical model.
Along with his extensive legal experience, Jay’s master’s degree in business administration with an emphasis in real estate and master’s degree in tax law help him understand deals from a business perspective and provide additional value to real estate clients.
Jay represents developers, purchasers, sellers, investors and lenders in complex commercial real estate transactions, including:
- A health system in real estate transactions and development
- Buyers and sellers in the purchase and the sale of commercial and residential property
- Developers in the entitlement and financing stages of projects
- Landlords and tenants in the negotiation and drafting of commercial leases
- Lenders and borrowers in loan negotiation and documentation
- Owners, managers, architects, and contractors in the drafting and negotiation of construction contracts
Jay also serves as outside general counsel to an international ski resort with respect to all operational and development matters.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Jay was a shareholder in the Real Estate Department of a national law firm.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Jay is an adjunct professor at the University of Colorado where he teaches a course in Real Estate Law for graduate students in the MBA program at the Leeds School of Business.
Jay has represented:
- An international resort company in operational and development of ski resort property, including property acquisitions, entitlements and financing matters
- A national multi-family developer with respect to acquisitions and dispositions of apartment buildings in multistate portfolio
- A national health system in management of real estate portfolio and operational real estate matters
- A health system with respect to joint venture related to development of key system medical office building, including leasing and financing matters
Honors & Awards
- Named "Rising Star" by Colorado Super Lawyers, 2015-2018