A trusted adviser with experience in state and federal court at both the trial and appellate levels, Jake represents clients in a variety of matters across a broad spectrum of industries, including gaming, technology, health care, construction, action sports, and real estate development.
Jake’s representative matters include:
- Leading the defense of a national distributor of gaming equipment against claims under the New Jersey Franchise Practices Act
- Leading the defense of a $1 million will contest
- Prosecuting and defending business breakups
- Prosecuting and defending professional liability matters across diverse industries
- Serving as Outside General Counsel to Kisby Shore Corp., a commercial HVAC contractor based in Atlantic City, NJ
Jake devotes a portion of his practice to appellate matters, where he leverages his experience as a former clerk to the Honorable Roberto A. Rivera-Soto in the New Jersey Supreme Court.
Jake leverages his experience and relationships in helping clients accomplish their objectives in the legislative, administrative, and judicial branches of government.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Jake is active in professional and community organizations, including the board of directors of the Boys and Girls Club of Atlantic City and the board of trustees of the New Jersey affiliate of the American Civil Liberties Union. Jake lives with his wife and children in Margate, New Jersey.
Honors & Awards
- 2015 Honorable Benjamin A. Rimm Award from the Atlantic County Bar Association. The award is issued by the Atlantic County Bar Association and a description of the selection methodology can be found at https://www.atcobar.org/pdf/rimm-award.pdf.*
- Selected to the New Jersey Law Journal’s listing of “New Leaders of the Bar,” (2014). A description of the methodology can be found at https://www.law.com/njlawjournal/sites/njlawjournal/2018/01/24/nj-professional-excellence-guidelines-and-documents/.*
- Young Leadership Award from the Jewish Federation of Atlantic & Cape May Counties (2014)
- "10th Annual 40 Under 40" list by Atlantic City Weekly (2014)
- Included in a list of “New Jersey Rising Stars” published in New Jersey Monthly Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine (2011-2018). The award is issued by the Thompson Reuters and a description of the selection methodology can be found at https://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process_detail.html.*
- 2013 Campaign Chair for the Jewish Federation of Atlantic and Cape May Counties
*No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.