A trusted adviser with experience in state and federal court at both the trial and appellate levels, Jake represents clients in a variety of matters across a broad spectrum of industries, including gaming, technology, health care, construction, action sports and real estate development.
Jake’s recent victories include: dismissal of all claims against an opioid manufacturer in a multiparty action in Arkansas state court; summary judgment on behalf of a hospital in a $15 million wrongful death matter, which was affirmed on appeal; and, the successful defense of a multimillion-dollar breach of fiduciary duties action against trustees of a testamentary trust.
For more than 10 years, Jake has been involved in high profile Atlantic City litigation, including casino bankruptcies, property tax appeals, multimillion-dollar will contests and fiduciary disputes.
Jake is also experienced in the prosecution and defense of:
- public bidding matters
- business breakups
- professional liability claims
Jake also serves as outside general counsel to Kisby Shore Corp., a commercial HVAC contractor based in Atlantic City, NJ.
A former New Jersey Supreme Court clerk, Jake is a frequent appellate author and serves as cooperating counsel preparing appellate briefs on behalf of the ACLU-NJ.
Leveraging his experience and relationships throughout New Jersey government, Jake also helps clients accomplish their objectives in legislative and administrative matters.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Jake is active in professional and community organizations, including the board of directors of the Boys and Girls Club of Atlantic City and the board of trustees of the New Jersey affiliate of the American Civil Liberties Union. Jake lives with his wife and children in Margate, New Jersey.
With an active pro bono practice, Jake represents the Atlantic City Arts Foundation. He has played integral roles in helping to launch its 48 Blocks program, which celebrates the city's community, culture and history. He also represents the nonprofit Skate AC, Inc. in their efforts to create safe skate parks in the city's communities.
Honors & Awards
- Awarded the Honorable Benjamin A. Rimm Award from the Atlantic County Bar Association (2015)*
- Selected to the list of "New Leaders of the Bar" by the New Jersey Law Journal (2014)*
- Named to the "Top 40 Under 40" list by Atlantic City Weekly (2014)*
- Included in the list of “Super Lawyers - Rising Stars” in New Jersey for Business Litigation (2011-2019)*
- Awarded the Young Leadership Award from the Jewish Federation of Atlantic & Cape May Counties (2014)
- 2013 Campaign Chair for the Jewish Federation of Atlantic and Cape May Counties