A trusted adviser with experience in state and federal court at the trial and appellate levels, Jake represents clients in a variety of matters across a broad spectrum of industries, including gaming, technology, health care, construction, action sports, and real estate development.
Recent victories include obtaining a $1 million trial judgment in a construction defect case for a major retailer; early dismissal of a multimillion-dollar product liability action; summary judgment in a $15 million wrongful death matter affirmed on appeal; and, the successful defense of multimillion-dollar claims against fiduciaries.
Jake also serves as outside general counsel to Kisby Shore Corp., a commercial HVAC contractor based in Atlantic City, NJ.
A former New Jersey Supreme Court law clerk, Jake is a frequent appellate author and volunteers his time as cooperating counsel preparing appellate briefs on behalf of the ACLU-NJ. Representative appellate victories include:
- S.C. v. N.J. Dep’t of Children and Families, 242 N.J. 201 (2020)
- Richard Rivera, LLC v. Township of Bloomfield, 2020 WL 109639 (App. Div. Jan. 9, 2020)
- Chapman v. Lourdes Medical Center of Burlington Cnty., 2014 WL 4428248 (App. Div. Sept. 10., 2014)
- Atlantic City Assocs., LLC v. Carter & Burgess Consultants, Inc., 453 Fed.Appx. 174 (3d Cir. 2011)
Jake also leverages his experience and relationships throughout New Jersey government to help clients accomplish their objectives in legislative and administrative matters.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Jake is active in professional and community organizations, including the board of directors of the Boys and Girls Club of Atlantic City and the board of trustees of the New Jersey affiliate of the American Civil Liberties Union, and serves as pro bono counsel to the Atlantic City Arts Foundation, Skate AC, Inc., and the South Jersey Boardriders. Jake is proud to serve as chair of the Boys and Girls Club of Atlantic City’s annual golf outing, which has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for Atlantic City youth.
Honors & Awards
- Awarded the Honorable Benjamin A. Rimm Award from the Atlantic County Bar Association (2015)*
- Selected to the list of "New Leaders of the Bar" by the New Jersey Law Journal (2014)*
- Named to the "Top 40 Under 40" list by Atlantic City Weekly (2014)*
- Included in the list of “Super Lawyers - Rising Stars” in New Jersey for Business Litigation (2011-2020)*
- Awarded the Young Leadership Award from the Jewish Federation of Atlantic & Cape May Counties (2014)
- 2013 Campaign Chair for the Jewish Federation of Atlantic and Cape May Counties