Jackie is Co-Chair of the national Litigation Department and a member of the firm's Executive Committee. She concentrates her practice on complex litigation, with an emphasis on health care-related matters, product liability, mass torts and wrongful death.
She advises a broad range of health care sector clients, including hospitals, health care agencies and nursing homes, as well as pharmaceutical companies and medical device manufacturers.
Jackie has been involved in a number of multidistrict litigations in courts across Pennsylvania, including Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. She frequently counsels clients on litigation strategy to manage costs and liabilities. With significant experience as a critical care nurse, Jackie also handles matters related to prescriptive authority for nurses and physicians and represents clients in cases related to drug and product liability as well.
Jackie has also:
- represented major carriers in litigation involving environmental coverage issues and in ERISA and non-ERISA actions involving disability and health and life insurance policies;
- represented insured professionals and businesses related to CGL coverage on matters pertaining to products liability and business interruption;
- represented insured professionals regarding professional liability policy coverage issues.
Before Fox Rothschild
Jackie was a head nurse in Critical Care at Hahnemann University, working with intensive care and trauma patients.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Jackie frequently writes on issues concerning professional liability and litigation and lectures to health care organizations around the country. Currently, she serves on the board of the Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program, a legal services agency providing representation to low-income individuals.
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the "Litigation Stars" list in Pennsylvania by Benchmark Litigation (2018-2020)*
- Selected to the "Top 250 Women in Litigation" list by Benchmark Litigation (2017, 2018)*
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV Preeminent” rated*
- Named to the “Women Leaders in the Law” list by ALM (2015)*
- Named to the "Woman on the Verge in the Profession" list by The Legal Intelligencer and Pennsylvania Law Weekly (2006)*