Jaemin is a versatile trial attorney and business adviser who helps clients avoid litigation when possible and prevail in court when it is inescapable.
She represents individuals, officers, directors and companies in business litigation matters throughout California. She regularly defends and prosecutes business torts, contract disputes, shareholder litigation, trade secret disputes, trademark infringement and directors and officers liability matters.
Jaemin holds an MBA and employs that knowledge to counsel clients in a wide range of industries, from tech startups, real estate, consumer products and professional services, to food and beverage companies.
A tenacious litigator, Jaemin is also adept at pre-litigation dispute resolution, helping her clients avoid legal battles while protecting their vital financial interests. In addition, she keeps clients out of court by working with them proactively to design policies and practices that mitigate litigation risk in all aspects of conducting business in California, from contract compliance and employment practices to regulatory compliance, such as California Proposition 65 (Prop 65), the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act, and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Her representative matters include:
- Obtained a voluntary dismissal of fraudulent transfer, fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims against directors and officers of an insolvent company through a dispositive motion. The Court agreed with the defense that plaintiffs failed to meet the pleading standards for fraud, alter ego or successor liability and that the internal affairs doctrine barred their breach of fiduciary duty claim. Subsequently, the plaintiffs elected to dismiss rather than amend their complaint.
- Obtained a defense judgment on behalf of a property owner against claims of unlawful business practice and fraud.
- Substituted in as counsel of record shortly before trial and obtained a defense judgment against a breach of real estate sale contract claims and an award of damages on counterclaims.
- Obtained a walk-away settlement on behalf of a director and acquiring company facing breach of contract and fraudulent transfer claims.
- Defended majority shareholders, directors, and officers against breach of fiduciary duty and fraud claims.
- Successfully negotiated a multimillion-dollar settlement in an international litigation involving a joint venture contract dispute.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an employer against sexual harassment claims.
- Successfully prosecuted fraud and contract claims on behalf of shareholders against an acquiring corporation.
- Successfully prosecuted securities fraud and breach of promissory note claims on behalf of a victim of Ponzi scheme.
- Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of an employer against multimillion-dollar wage and hour class actions.
Before Fox Rothschild
Jaemin is a former law clerk for the University of San Francisco Internet and Intellectual Property Justice Clinic, where she handled domain name, trade mark and copyright disputes.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Jaemin provides legal and social services to clients through the Community Legal Clinic program of the Korean American Bar Association. She also serves as a volunteer for Food Runners, an organization dedicated to alleviating hunger in San Francisco. Jaemin is a former volunteer talent scout for the City of Oakland Art and Soul Festival and Oh So Little Art House Café.
Honors & Awards
- Named a "Rising Star" by SuperLawyers (2012 – 2014)