Jim primarily focuses his practice in the areas of health care, general corporate, estate planning and administration, tax law, and zoning and land use.
Jim's representations on behalf of clients in the health care industry, include matters such as:
- physician hospital joint venture transactions
- Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute and Codey Bill issues
- reimbursement and billing and coding matters
- purchases and sales of medical/dental practices
- formulation of compensation arrangements
- negotiation and preparation of employment agreements and buy-sell agreements for multi-physician/dentist practices
He also represents clients in:
- matters relating to professional service practices and closely held businesses
- purchases and sales of businesses
- trusts and estates matters
- federal and state taxation
Jim previously served as the managing partner of the firm's Princeton office, and as a member of the Executive Committee. He is a member and former co-chair of the Health Law Practice.
Before Fox Rothschild
Jim practiced with an international tax law firm in New York City and attended the New York University School of Law graduate program in Taxation.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Jim has published and lectured extensively on federal and state income taxation, estate planning, and buying and selling professional practices and closely held businesses.
Within Robbinsville and Ewing, NJ, townships, Jim has served:
- as the municipal attorney for Ewing Township
- on the Robbinsville Township Planning Board
- as Chair of the Robbinsville Township Municipal Utilities Authority
- on numerous committees appointed by the townships’ Governing Bodies and Boards of Education
Jim coached recreation wrestling in Robbinsville, NJ for 20 years, during which time the program grew from 8 to 120 children in grades K-8.
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rated*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers" list for Health Care in New Jersey (2005-2014)*