Jason is ranked as one of the leading bankruptcy and restructuring attorneys in Pennsylvania by Chambers USA. He focuses his practice on representing secured and unsecured creditors, trustees, debtors and creditors’ committees in complex, high-profile bankruptcy cases, particularly in Delaware, Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
An experienced bankruptcy attorney, Jason has appeared before the Third Circuit, as well as bankruptcy and district courts throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
Most notably, Jason has worked on the following matters:
- Counsel to the Chapter 7 Trustee for the estates of Worley & Obetz, Inc., et al., a Pennsylvania energy products and service provider, and successfully completed a sale of substantially all of the companies’ assets
- Counsel to the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Beaulieu Group, LLC, et al. and to the liquidating trustee appointed under the Chapter 11 plan
- Counsel to the stalking horse bidder for all of the coal mining operations and lease rights of C&D Coal Company, LLC, and Derry Coal Company, LLC, Chapter 11 debtors located in Western Pennsylvania
- Counsel to the Chapter 7 Trustee for the estates of HMR Foods Holding, LP, et al., formerly one of the Nation’s premier manufacturers in the home meal replacement market, with clients consisting of many of the premier specialty, grocery, club stores and restaurants nationwide, and completed sales of substantially all of the debtors’ assets and its non-debtor Canadian affiliate
- Counsel to the Chapter 7 Trustee for the estates of LTC Holdings, Inc., et al. a company that provided construction services to municipal, commercial, and government clients, and led a team that assisted the Trustee and special counsel in an arbitration before the London Court of International Arbitration that resulted in a $21 million settlement, as well as negotiated 35 sales of equipment and machinery that generated more than $1.3 million in proceeds
- Counsel to the Chapter 7 trustee for the estates of TransVantage Solutions, Inc., an online freight payment and auditing services company, a multimillion-dollar Chapter 7 case in the District of New Jersey
- Counsel to Paragon Paper, Inc., a Chapter 11 debtor-in-possession in the U.S. District Court of New Jersey, and successfully completed the debtor’s Chapter 11 reorganization
- Counsel to the Chapter 7 Trustee for the estate of Downey Financial, Inc., and assisted in the trustee’s victory against the FDIC-R in an ownership dispute over tax refunds in excess of $400 million
- General counsel to a regional office furniture and supply company with annual revenues in excess of $75 million
- Defended the recipient of alleged fraudulent transfers in an adversary action in the District of Maryland
Jason has guided clients in structuring sales of coal and natural energy companies and their mining/mineral lease rights through Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Jason also has significant experience in the automotive industry where he handles complex matters on behalf of automotive dealers in consumer and manufacturer based litigation as well as in transactions related to mergers and acquisitions, including the largest Porsche dealership in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Before Fox Rothschild
Jason was a summer associate at Fox Rothschild. He also served as an extern to the Honorable Mary Walrath in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the District of Delaware.
Prior to his legal career, Jason was an IBO Analyst in the Global Credit Risk Management Department of the Investment Bank of JP Morgan Chase.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Active in the Philadelphia community, Jason works with the nonprofit, Consumer Bankruptcy Assistance Project. He is a member of the Union League of Philadelphia and sits on its Real Estate Committee. Jason is also a significant supporter of the Susan G. Komen Foundation and serves as head of its “Men on the Move” team, which was organized for spouses to show support to women affected by breast cancer. The “Men on the Move” team was featured on a variety of media outlets, including CBS News and QVC.
Honors & Awards
- Recognized by Chambers USA for Bankruptcy/Restructuring in Philadelphia (2019)