Jed is a highly experienced commercial real estate attorney who helps clients structure and close a broad range of transactions.
He represents participants in a wide variety of complex real estate deals and related matters including:
- Acquisitions and sales
- 1031 exchanges
- Office and retail leasing
A trained accountant with an MBA from Emory University, Jed applies knowledge gained over nearly 40 years in the industry to help clients structure and plan:
- Like-kind exchange transactions
- Joint venture partnerships
- Operating agreements for LLCs
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
Clients also rely on Jed's informed advice on tax and estate planning, EB-5 immigrant investor financing, equity and debt capital for growth companies and executive employment agreements.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Jed was a shareholder in a regional law firm based in the Southeast.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Jed served previously on the executive committee of the Real Estate Section of the State Bar of Georgia and was appointed by Gov. Nathan Deal in 2012 to serve as a commissioner on the Governor's Commission to organize the City of Brookhaven, where he served on the Board of Zoning Appeals from 2013 to 2018. He was also active on the board of the Historic Brookhaven Neighborhood Association Inc. and the Historic Brookhaven Foundation.
Honors & Awards
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Real Estate Law (2018-2021)*
- Named to Georgia Trend Magazine's list of "Georgia Legal Elite" in Real Estate Law (2012)*
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell*