Jeff has litigated numerous high-profile intellectual property, entertainment, corporate and environmental disputes. He has extensive experience resolving copyrights and trademarks matters on behalf of media companies, artists and producers. Jeff also handles a variety of technology-related issues such as patent infringement and claims of Internet advertising fraud. He also litigates complex business disputes, including officers' and directors' liability matters and breach of fiduciary duty issues.
Additionally, Jeff has played a significant role defending corporate clients against major environmental liabilities and representing multinational pharmaceutical companies in product liability lawsuits.
Gurvitz v. Mandelbaum, (Los Angeles Superior Court 2020): Successfully moved to dismiss complaint alleging fraud and extortion.
Progressive Marketing, Inc. v. Sproparts, LLC, (E.D. Cal 2019): Obtained summary judgment on behalf of Plaintiff trademark owner, including cancellation of competing mark.
Peninsula Light Metals, LLC v. Applied LNG Technologies, LLC (Los Angeles Superior Court 2019): Obtained highly favorable settlement and dismissal at the outset of litigation for supplier of natural gas.
Pharma Tech v. Shasta (Ventura County Superior Court 2019): Obtained highly favorable settlement for client in medical device licensing dispute.
Mighty v. She Hong (C.D. Cal 2016): Obtained $12 million jury verdict on behalf of distributor of heavy machinery.
American Master Lease LLC v. Idanta Partners, Ltd., 2014 WL 4678703 (Cal. App. 2014): Successfully overturned a $7 million jury verdict on appeal. On remand, obtained complete defense verdict against plaintiff’s demand for more than $25 million.
- Cabell v. Zorro Productions, Inc., 2014 WL 5365444 (W.D. Wash. October 21, 2014): Obtained dismissal of claims for copyright and trademark cancellation.
- X6D Ltd. V. Li-Tek Corp., Case No. 10-CV-02327 (C.D. Cal. 2012): Obtained summary judgment of trade secret and copyright claims on behalf of a Chinese manufacturer.
- Bal Seal Engineering Co., Inc. v. Jay Qiang Huang, 2011 WL 11796683 (S.D. Cal. 2011): Obtained a highly favorable claim construction ruling resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Buica v. Talent Ventures of California, Inc., Case No. BC366402 (L.A.S.C 2010): Second chaired a case resulting in a $2.7 million jury verdict.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Jeff was a partner at a national law firm where he was a member of the IP Strategy Committee. He was also previously an associate at high-profile litigation boutique.
While in law school, Jeff was a member of the Journal of Corporation Law and served as case editor for the Moot Court Board. He was also a participant in the Van Oosterhout Moot Court Competition.
During college, Jeff served as editorialist for the Northern Iowan.
Honors & Awards
- Named to Southern California Super Lawyers’ “Rising Stars in Business Litigation and Intellectual Property Litigation” (2011)
- Named to Southern California Super Lawyers’ “Rising Stars” (2007, 2008, 2010)