Jeff serves as co-chair of the firm’s Labor and Employment Department. He focuses his practice on business and employment litigation and counseling. He represents clients in disputes relating to:
- claims of discrimination and harassment
- trade secret violations
- wage and hour compliance
- wrongful discharge
- breach of contract
Recognizing the risk and expense inherent in litigation, Jeff has extensive experience in alternative methods of resolving disputes, including mediation. In addition to his litigation practice, Jeff advises and counsels employers on a wide range of employment law issues, including:
- corrective actions
- developing policies
- investigating misconduct
- accommodating disabilities
Jeff also handles commercial litigation matters including claims involving breach of fiduciary duty, restrictive covenants, director and officers liability, statutory violations, and other business disputes.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining the firm, Jeff was a partner with Kauff McClain & McGuire LLP in San Francisco, California, where he practiced for nearly 20 years. Jeff completed an externship with the Honorable Robert J. Kelleher, U.S. District Court, Central District of California, and worked on COMM/ENT, the Hastings Journal of Communications and Entertainment Law. After law school, Jeff spent two years as an associate at Martin, Ryan, and Andrada in Oakland.
California Employment Law Blog
Jeff discusses a wide variety of legal challenges faced by California employers, including class actions, wage and hour, overtime, discrimination, harassment and privacy issues, on the firm's California Employment Law blog.
Jeff has made various presentations to lawyers, bar associations, students, managers, and human resources professionals concerning topics such as discrimination, harassment, and wrongful termination.
Honors & Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rated
- Noted as the "Contributor with the Third Most Popular Article in the United States" by Mondaq (July 2014)
- Noted as “Contributor with the Most Popular Article in United States,” by Mondaq (October 2013)
- Named a Northern California "Super Lawyer" in the area of Labor and Employment Law by San Francisco Magazine and Law & Politics Magazine (2005-2017)