Jeff focuses his practice on complex litigation and Appellate practice. He is recognized by Chambers USA and is certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Civil Trial Lawyer. This certification is bestowed by the Court upon select attorneys who demonstrate sufficient levels of experience, education, knowledge and skill in a specific area of law or practice and have been recognized by their peers as having sufficient skills and reputation in the designated area of law, among other requirements. Jeff also teaches trial practice and other related courses for the National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA).
Jeff has significant experience applying his trial skills in:
- Complex litigation (Unfair Trade Practice, Anti-Trust and Lanham Act)
- Advising policyholders and representing them at trial against insurers on complex insurance claims including intellectual property coverage, Bermuda form claims, products liability coverage, regulatory estoppel claims and coverage for alleged unfair trade practices
- Construction arbitration and litigation. He has drafted and negotiated contracts for complex, unique construction and infrastructure projects, and served as trial counsel, litigating disputes involving such projects both in the courtroom and in domestic and international arbitration.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Jeff was elected to serve as a member of The American Law Institute (ALI) – a nonprofit, independent organization dedicated to producing scholarly work that clarifies, modernizes and improves the law. As a member, Jeffrey has the opportunity to work with other lawyers, judges and academics in influencing the development of the law in both existing and emerging areas.
In 2013, Jeff was elected to the Fellows of the American Bar Foundation. The foundation serves as a research organization dedicated to the study of law, legal institutions, and legal processes. Attorneys are elected by peers, all of whom are Fellows, and chosen for their outstanding achievements and professional distinction.
Jeff completed the National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA) trial training instructor course and currently serves as an instructor for NITA, a legal advocacy skills training organization.
He is a certified mediator for both the federal and state courts of New Jersey.
Jeff authored two chapters titled, “The General Liability Policy” and “Scope of Coverage Under the General Liability Policy” for the American Bar Association’s upcoming book Environmental Liability and Insurance Recovery. He is also a professional scuba instructor.
Honors & Awards
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Environmental Law and Insurance Law in New Jersey by Best Lawyers (2006-2021)*
- Named to the "Lawyer of the Year" list for Environmental Law in New Jersey by Best Lawyers (2021)*
- Recognized by Chambers USA for Environmental and Insurance Litigation - New Jersey (2019, 2020)*