Jeff concentrates his practice in personnel and labor relations for municipal and school entities.
In his practice, Jeff:
- represents many school entities as School Solicitor
- chairs the firm’s Education Law Group, which has provided legal services to more than 90 school entities throughout Pennsylvania
- negotiated one of the nation’s most sophisticated performance-based teachers’ contracts for the Colonial School District in suburban Philadelphia
Jeff also has broad experience in the private sector, representing companies of all sizes with union organizational campaigns and labor negotiations.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Jeff has authored more than 130 articles on education and labor law. A frequent media source for these issues, he has appeared on NBC 10 and local affiliates for CBS, ABC and FOX. He has been cited in The New York Times, USA Today, The Washington Post, the Philadelphia Business Journal, The Legal Intelligencer, the Philadelphia Inquirer, the American School Board Journal, and the National School Boards Associations’ Inquiry and Analysis.
Jeff is a Past President of the Pennsylvania School Board Solicitors Association, a division of the Pennsylvania School Boards Association. While president of the Pennsylvania School Board Solicitors Association, Jeff held a seat on the Pennsylvania School Board Association's Board and testified before the Senate Education Committee on education-related issues.
In addition, Jeff continues to be a Trustee of Germantown Academy, an independent school located in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, for the past 19 years. Jeff is also an officer of the Community Partnership School in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, a joint venture between Germantown Academy and Project H.O.M.E.
Honors & Awards
- Named to a list of "Power Players" by The Legal Intelligencer (2019)
- Received the President’s Award from the Pennsylvania Association of School Personnel Administrators (2017)
- Included in a list of "Super Lawyers Business Edition" (2016)
- Included in a list of "Pennsylvania Super Lawyers" in the area of Schools and Education (2006-2007, 2013, 2015-2021)
- Selected for inclusion in "Who's Who in American Law, Who's Who in the World"
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV Preeminent" Rated