A former Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Jennifer is an experienced tax attorney who handles tax controversy and income tax planning and compliance matters. She serves as a steadfast advocate for clients, developing relationships with IRS personnel and IRS Appeals and state departments of revenue, and leverages these relationships to successfully resolve her clients’ tax matters. While Jennifer recognizes that out-of-court solutions can be more beneficial to her clients, she is prepared to take cases to court when necessary to ensure her clients are treated fairly.
Jennifer’s decade-long tenure as a CPA prior to entering the legal field enables her to provide additional benefits to clients in cases involving valuation or accounting issues and to effectively solve complicated tax issues.
- Resolved a large estate tax audit for a client with significant oil and gas holdings. Addressed valuation issues and used specific case details to reach an effective resolution.
- Achieved compliance without prosecution or collection action for the client, who failed to file tax returns for more than 20 years.
- Prepared voluntary disclosures for clients with an undisclosed off-shore bank account to avoid criminal prosecution.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Jennifer was counsel at a national law firm. She was also a CPA for 10 years before entering the legal field.
Tax Controversy & Financial Crimes Report
The increasingly complex area of tax law in the U.S. can cause a variety of legal setbacks for any business. The more notable the tax controversy, the more roadblocks that can be created between a company and its success. Jennifer addresses the latest developments in all aspects of tax controversy matters on the firm’s Tax Controversy & Financial Crimes Report blog.
Honors & Awards
- Named to Colorado Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2010-2015)
- Named a Cannabis Law Trailblazer by The National Law Journal (2018)