Jesse focuses his practice on complex bankruptcy cases, financial restructuring, and all aspects of the medical and recreational cannabis space.
Jesse represents secured and unsecured creditors, trustees, debtors, and creditors’ committees. He also advises companies in need of financial restructuring outside of bankruptcy, provides guidance on lender workouts, and, when necessary, litigates unresolvable disputes.
Jesse understands the needs of businesses in the rapidly expanding and highly regulated market for legalized cannabis. He is part of a multidisciplinary team at Fox that provides services and guidance to legal marijuana businesses on issues including, but not limited to:
- Shareholder and partnership agreements
- Banking and financial services
* Please be mindful that possessing, using, distributing and/or selling marijuana is a federal crime, and no legal advice given by Fox is intended to provide any guidance or assistance in violating federal law.
- Counsel for the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in Chapter 11 case of Remington Outdoor Company (Bankr. D. Del.)
- Of counsel to large toy manufacturer as unsecured creditor in Chapter 11 case of Toys ‘R’ Us (Bankr. E.D. Va.)
- Co-counsel for the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in Chapter 11 case of Beaulieu Group, LLC (Bankr. N.D. Ga.)
- Of counsel to the Chapter 7 Trustee in liquidation of a large frozen food company
- Represent car dealerships in connection with floor-plan financing and lender workout
- Counseled Canadian biopharmaceutical company on exporting CBD oil to the United States
- Represented cannabis grower/dispenser in dispute over use of deed restricted property for cannabis business
- Represent cannabis growers and dispensaries in Right to Know Law litigation
Before Fox Rothschild
During law school, Jesse was an executive editor of the Rutgers University Law Review and finalist in the Hunter Moot Court Competition. Jesse also worked as a judicial intern to the Honorable Theodore A. McKee of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and the Honorable Magdeline D. Coleman of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Upon graduation, Jesse received the prestigious American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence, which is awarded to the highest performing bankruptcy student in the graduating class.
Recognized for his legal writing and research skills, Jesse served as a legal writing teaching assistant for first-year law students at Rutgers Law School, as well as a research assistant for the Distinguished Professor of Law, Robert F. Williams. Jesse started at Fox Rothschild as a summer associate.
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of the American Bankruptcy Institute Medal of Excellence
- Dean’s Academic Excellence Scholar Award
- Recipient of the merit-based Morrissey Scholarship
- Recipient of the merit-based Charles J. Stamler Scholarship