John is Co-Chair of the firm’s Class Actions group and has a national practice focused on insurance, complex commercial, class action, product liability and mass tort litigation for major corporations in state and federal courts throughout the country.
A seasoned trial lawyer, John leads a talented team of attorneys who are adept at tackling large-scale cases anywhere in the country. He has extensive experience in Multi-District Litigation, including the massive Opiate Litigation and the Auto Body Antitrust Litigation, and has served as national counsel in cases involving tobacco, welding fumes and lead paint litigation.
John is also sought after by professional athletes for representation in a variety of high-stakes litigation, including proceedings before the Court of Arbitration for Sport, as well as serving as their trusted advisor regarding foundations, sponsorships, tax issues, estate planning, family law and real estate.
For every client, John believes in getting to the right result as quickly and cost-effectively as possible. He uses early and aggressive case assessment to map out the most expeditious paths to the finish line by developing creative potential exit ramps, often through strategic early motion practice and the identification and exploitation of leverage points. John’s approach is to take his client’s problem and make it his own, resolving it in the most efficient and successful way possible.
John is also a mentor to the lawyers on his team, guiding their litigation strategy choices and imparting the values of client service and responsiveness that are the hallmarks of his practice.
A former Co-Chair of the firm’s national Litigation Department, John is currently the Managing Partner of the firm's Warrington, PA office and a member of the firm's Executive Committee.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, John was Chair of the Business Litigation Group of a large Cleveland, OH law firm. Before that, he was Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary for ICI Paints – one of the world’s largest producers of paints, coatings and specialty products. He previously served as global litigation counsel for ICI Americas, Inc.
He began his career at Dechert LLP in Philadelphia.
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the "Best of the Bar" list by Philadelphia Business Journal (2019)*
- Selected to the "Distinguished Leaders" list by The Legal Intelligencer (2017)*
- Named to the "Local Litigation Stars" list in Pennsylvania by Benchmark Litigation (2018-2021)*
- Recognized by Chambers USA for General Commercial Litigation - Nationwide (2005-2010)*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers - Rising Stars" list for Class Action & Mass Torts in Pennsylvania (2005-2007)*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers" list for Class Action & Mass Torts in Pennsylvania (2008-2014, 2017-2020)*
- Selected to the "Client Service All-Star Team" by BTI Consulting Group (2007)*