Named as one of the leading litigation attorneys in Pennsylvania and Ohio by Chambers USA, John focuses his practice on complex commercial, class action, insurance, product liability, mass tort and software litigation matters for major corporations and professional athletes in state and federal courts throughout the country. He has successfully tried numerous jury trials in a variety of jurisdictions. John has served as national counsel in tobacco, welding fumes and lead paint litigation and has extensive multi-district litigation experience. He blends his trial skills and in-house experience to strategically and cost-effectively defend all types of complex litigation.
John is co-chair of the firm’s Litigation Department and also serves as a co-chair of the Class Actions group.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, John was chair of the Business Litigation Group of a large Cleveland law firm. He previously served as Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary for ICI Paints – one of the world’s largest producers of paints, coatings and specialty products. Prior to that, John was global litigation counsel for ICI Americas, Inc. in New Jersey, and an associate at Dechert LLP in Philadelphia.
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the "Best of the Bar" list by Philadelphia Business Journal (2019)*
- Selected to the "Distinguished Leaders" list by The Legal Intelligencer (2017)*
- Named to the "Local Litigation Stars" list in Pennsylvania by Benchmark Litigation (2018-2020)*
- Recognized by Chambers USA for General Commercial Litigation - Nationwide (2005-2010)*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers - Rising Stars" list for Class Action & Mass Torts in Pennsylvania (2005-2007)*
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers" list for Class Action & Mass Torts in Pennsylvania (2008-2014, 2017-2019)*
- Selected to the "Client Service All-Star Team" by BTI Consulting Group (2007)*