Named as one of the leading health care attorneys in New Jersey by Chambers USA, Jon concentrates his practice in the representation of New Jersey health care providers, especially such institutions as:
- comprehensive rehabilitation hospitals
- long-term care nursing homes
- assisted living facilities
- medical day care programs
Since 1976, Jon has been general counsel to the Health Care Association of New Jersey, the state’s largest interest group of proprietary and not-for-profit nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and medical day care programs.
Before Fox Rothschild
Jon served as a Deputy Attorney General of New Jersey assigned to the New Jersey Department of Health. He was the principal draftsman of the nation’s first comprehensive Certificate of Need statute and participated in drafting the Health Care Facilities Financing Authority statute. After law school, Jon served a one-year clerkship to the late Honorable Gordon Brown of the Superior Court of New Jersey.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Widely recognized as an authority in the field of health care and nursing home law, Jon has given seminars to attorneys throughout the United States regarding the representation of nursing facilities. Jon sits on the New Jersey Supreme Court's Civil Practice Committee. He is married and has three children and four grandchildren.
Honors & Awards
- Named to the "Top Rated Lawyers in Healthcare Law" list by ALM (2013)
- Recognized by Chambers USA for Health Care Law in New Jersey (2011, 2012, 2014, 2015)*
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rated*
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Health Care Law in New Jersey by Best Lawyers (1991-2020)*
- Named to the "Lawyer of the Year" list for Health Care Law in Princeton by Best Lawyers (2012)*
- Named to the "Super Lawyers" list for Health Care Law in New Jersey (2005-2009)*