Jordan focuses his practice on commercial litigation and regulatory defense.
He represents a wide range of businesses in litigation involving issues that include:
- partnership and corporate conflicts
- trade secret and employment issues
- unfair competition claims
- consumer fraud actions
- shareholder matters
- director/officer claims
- real estate disputes
- breach of contract actions
Jordan works closely with clients to proactively assess and mitigate litigation risk. When clients face the possibility of litigation, or must resort to litigation to protect their rights, he provides highly effective and efficient representation at all stages, from strategic planning to resolution. Jordan has litigated cases spanning a broad range of substantive areas on behalf of major clients in numerous industries, including financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, telecommunications, professional services, publishing and construction.
Jordan also provides clients with advice concerning management of legal issues in crisis situations. He handles matters in a variety of forums, including New Jersey state courts, New York state courts, U.S. District Courts and private arbitrations.
- Obtained dismissal of all claims asserted against a building contractor after trial, defending against claims that the contractor violated the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act, negligently performed work and breached its construction contract.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing all counterclaims against a wholesale distributor of swimming pool supplies and equipment, including claims that the client sold defective products.
- Represent one of the fastest-growing bakeries in the United States in a variety of litigation and corporate matters.
- Served on a team of attorneys representing several large corporations, including a multinational retail corporation and a mattress retail company.
- Obtained judgment dismissing a $300,000 lawsuit against a New Jersey nursing home.
- Represent a former prisoner pro bono in a lawsuit against prison officials alleging improper medical care.
Before Fox Rothschild
Between his second and third year of law school, Jordan was a summer associate for Fox Rothschild. During law school, Jordan worked as a judicial intern for the Honorable James S. Rothschild, Jr. of the New Jersey Superior Court, Essex County, Civil Division. Jordan had additional experience working as a law clerk for a general litigation firm in Newark, New Jersey.
While at Rutgers School of Law – Newark, Jordan was a member of the Rutgers Moot Court Board and a member of the Rutgers Tax Law Clinic. Before entering the legal field, Jordan worked intimately with small to medium sized businesses in the Easton, Pennsylvania community and served as an economist for the William Morris Foundation, focusing on the working relationships between small businesses, local governments, and the surrounding community.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
An active member of the community, Jordan serves as the mock trial coach at Livingston High School. He also serves as the Vice-Chair of the Essex County Bar Association Young Lawyer’s Section.
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the "Super Lawyers - Rising Stars" list for Business Litigation (2019, 2020)*
- Recipient of Rutgers School of Law – Newark Pro Bono Award (Rutgers School of Law – Newark)
- Order of the Coif (Rutgers School of Law – Newark)
- Robert Hunsicker Prize for Small Business Studies (Lafayette College)