Joe is a construction attorney with a nationwide practice that covers all aspects of construction law, including transactions and litigation.
His clients include owners, architects, engineers, general contractors, subcontractors and suppliers.
Joe focuses his practice on commercial and real estate-related litigation, particularly construction litigation, including mechanics liens. He represents a wide range of Chicago-based, national and international companies involved in construction-related businesses, drafting and negotiating agreements for construction projects and advising clients at every stage in the construction process.
In addition, he provides representation in commercial litigation involving corporate governance, regulatory and business issues.
- Construction defect litigation involving design errors and omissions
- Antitrust and conspiracy claims
- Unfair competition, deceptive trade practices and trade secret litigation
- Representing employers in disputes arising from employee dishonesty and breaches of fiduciary duties by officers and directors
- Representing of engineers, architects and trade contractors in fee disputes
Before Fox Rothschild
Joe was a member of Shaw Fishman Glantz & Towbin LLC, which merged with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
During law school, Joe was an extern for U.S. District Judge Elaine Bucklo in the Northern District of Illinois.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
In April 2016, Joe was appointed by Gov. Bruce Rauner to the Illinois Real Estate Administration and Disciplinary Board.
Honors & Awards
- Named "Construction Litigation Attorney of the Year in Illinois" by Corporate International (2014) and Global Law Experts (2015)
- Included as a "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers