A licensed U.S. Customs broker and Certified Customs Specialist, Joseph is a logistics and international trade attorney who advises clients on:
- Anti-dumping and countervailing duty (AD/CVD) programs
- Cargo loss, theft and recovery
- Classification and valuation
- C-TPAT programs
- Duty drawbacks and protests
- Fines, penalties and forfeitures
- Free trade agreements and preference programs
- Foreign trade zones and duty deferral programs
- Import/export compliance
- Intellectual property protection
- Prior disclosures
- Regulatory and C-TPAT audit
- Rules of origin and country of origin marking
He regularly counsels clients on various matters pertaining to Customs and trade, representing both domestic and foreign importers and exporters in multiple aspects of international trade transactions. Joseph works diligently and closely with clients to identify and implement systems aimed at maximizing landed cost savings through duty reduction or deferral, as well as utilization of trade preference programs. Joseph also works alongside clients to assist them through regulatory and C-TPAT program audits; fines, penalties and forfeiture actions; and the filing and perfection of prior disclosures.
Before Fox Rothschild
Joseph was a senior associate at Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP, which merged with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Joseph is a member of the Young Philanthropists Council of the United Way of Greenville County and served as a loaned executive to the organization from 2014 to 2015.
Honors & Awards
- Included in a list of South Carolina Super Lawyers, Rising Stars Edition, for International Law (2017, 2018)
- Named to Legal Elite for International Law by Greenville Business Magazine (2017, 2018)
- South Carolina Bar’s Leadership Academy (2018)