JT builds value for a wide array of corporate clients, providing guidance and representation on issues from entity formation to daily operations to exit transactions.
Whether an early-stage company or an intricate, international corporation, JT advises on complex secured and unsecured corporate finance transactions, including asset-backed lending and securitizations. He frequently works with early-stage companies in securing first or multiple rounds of financing.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- The Toro Company in its $700 million acquisition of the Ditch Witch business and in its $167 million acquisition of the Ventrac business.
- A national manufacturer in the near $200 million divestiture of one of its divisions.
- Ecolab Inc. in the simultaneous acquisition of four pest elimination businesses for an aggregate value of approximately $115 million.
- Imricor Medical Systems, Inc. in its initial public offering on the Australian Securities Exchange.
- Monteris Medical Corporation in recapitalization and several financing rounds.
Corporate Finance Transactions
- ECMC Group, Inc. in several securitizations of its student loan portfolio, representing over an aggregate of $2 billion of assets.
- Sleep Number Corporation in its syndicated, secured credit facility.
- Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota in its $100 million taxable bond financing.
Equity and Inclusion with Lunar Startups
JT founded Fox Rothschild’s program with Lunar Startups, a nonprofit organization that supports growth, connection and innovation for entrepreneurs who identify as womxn, Black, Indigenous, people of color and LGBTQ+ in the Twin Cities region. Through this program, Fox Rothschild attorneys have committed to providing pro bono hours each month to members of the Lunar Startups cohort to achieve the best outcome for cohort members.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
JT serves on the board of Great River Greening, an environmental conservation nonprofit that works throughout Minnesota to inspire, engage and lead local communities in conserving and caring for the land and water that enrich our lives.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, JT was a law clerk at Thrivent Financial, a Fortune 500 financial services nonprofit organization, where he worked closely with counsel to ensure tax exemption and performed extensive legal research, writing and drafting in the areas of tax exemption (federal and state level), insurance and gaming law. He also contributed to the treatise on 501(c)(8) used by all fraternal benefit society attorneys and developed a nationwide compliance policy for insurance agents using promotional marketing.
Honors & Awards
- Named to Minnesota Lawyer Magazine’s List of Diversity and Inclusion Honorees (2018)