Julie is the Managing Partner of the Atlanta office, as well as the Charlotte and Greensboro offices where she also serves as regional practice lead for the firm's Labor & Employment Department. A veteran litigator and a member of the firm's Executive Committee, she concentrates her practice in labor and employment litigation, counseling and training.
Julie has handled employment matters in both federal and state courts, as well as before the EEOC and the state and federal Departments of Labor, for more than 25 years. She has a depth of knowledge in management counseling and litigation defense for health care providers including hospitals, substance abuse providers, long-term care facilities and physician practices. She also regularly represents clients in the transportation, education, manufacturing, hospitality and retail industries.
“Ms. Earp's exceptional mastery of employment law, leadership, and interpersonal communication skills are apparent in her appointment several years ago to managing partner.”
~ Labor & Employment client, 2017
Trained as a mediator as well as a litigator, Julie looks for strategic, cost-effective ways to resolve conflict. She enjoys the day-to-day counseling and problem-solving aspects of her practice and is a frequent speaker and trainer for employers and management groups.
Before Fox Rothschild
Julie was a partner and Chair of the firm's Management Committee at Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP, which combined with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
Honors & Awards
- Named to Triad Business Journal’s “Power Players” list (2019, 2020)
- Recognized in Corporate Counsel and InsideCounsel’s Women, Influence & Power in Law award series in the “Managing Partners of the Year” category (2019)
- Named among the “50 Most Influential Women” by The Mecklenburg Times (2019)
- The Business Journals' Influencers: Law (2018)
- Selected as one of "The Most Admired CEOs" by Triad Business Journal (2017)
- Selected as one of 100 “Women to Watch” by BizWomen (2017)
- Triad Business Journal’s Outstanding Women in Business (2016)
- Recognized by Chambers USA for Labor & Employment - North Carolina (2006-2020)
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Labor and Employment (2006-2020); "Top 50 Women" attorneys in North Carolina (2006-2010, 2012, 2013)
- Super Lawyers Business Edition, Labor and Employment (2013-2015)
- Greensboro Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year":
- Employment Law – Management (2013, 2017)
- Labor and Employment Litigation (2016)
- Labor Law – Management (2018)
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America" list for Labor and Employment Law and Litigation - Labor and Employment in North Carolina by Best Lawyers, listed more than 21 years
- Business North Carolina's Legal Elite, Labor and Employment Law (2003-2006, 2008-2014, 2020)
- BTI Client Service All-Star Team (2005)
- Chair, Federal Bar Advisory Council (1999); President, Federal Bar Association MDNC Chapter (2014)
- Martindale-Hubbell's top (AV) Peer Review Rating