Karen has significant litigation experience in the New Jersey state and federal courts. She regularly represents clients in complex litigations, including in multidistrict litigations and multiparty actions, involving business disputes, patent, copyright and trademark infringement actions, and trade secret misappropriation cases. Karen also serves as New Jersey litigation counsel for several leading national law firms across the United States.
Karen’s administrative law practice encompasses appearances before regulatory boards and work on legislation and regulations on behalf of clients. For more than 30 years, Karen has also represented companies seeking to do business with New Jersey State and local public agencies, guiding clients through the public procurement process, defending and challenging contract awards through the administrative process and creating approaches to resolve procurement or contract compliance issues. Karen has also successfully represented her clients’ interests before the New Jersey Appellate Division and New Jersey Supreme Court.
In the realm of labor and employment, Karen counsels clients on employee benefits, wage and hour law, state and federal leave law and individual and group terminations. She assists employers in drafting employee policies, conducting in-house seminars and training sessions, and negotiating employment contracts and separation agreements.
Before Fox Rothschild
Karen is a former judicial clerk to the Honorable Garrett E. Brown, Jr. (ret.) of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Karen served on the District VII (Mercer County) Ethics Committee of the New Jersey Supreme Court, from 2003 to 2007.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Karen is currently a member of the Lawyers Advisory Committee for the District of New Jersey and a member of the Local Patent Rules Committee for the District of New Jersey. She has served on two merit selection committees for the selection and reappointment of federal magistrate judges.
Karen is the past president and 15 year member of the Board of Directors for Meals on Wheels of Trenton/Ewing, a nonprofit service organization that delivers meals to the homebound.
Honors & Awards
- Recipient of the Meals on Wheels of Trenton/Ewing Ed and Ellen Baker Award for outstanding dedication and contribution to the agency (2015)
- Selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers List for Intellectual Property Litigation (2015-2018). The Super Lawyers List is issued by Thompson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process_detail.html. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
New Jersey Supreme
- District VII Fee Arbitration Committee
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Lawyers Advisory Committee
- Local Patent Rules Committee