Karl handles a wide range of commercial litigation, including contract and lease disputes, business torts and federal securities claims.
- Represented various clients in commercial lease disputes, including federal bench trial involving claims brought by REIT owned by a public company against guarantors, for breach of commercial lease guarantee.
- Defended sellers against claims for breach of representations and warranties as well as violations of state and federal securities laws brought by purchaser of controlling interest in fiber optic construction company.
- Represented employer in federal misappropriation of trade secrets action. Handled all phases of litigation, including developing strategy to safeguard client's confidential information.
- Prosecuted breach of joint venture agreement in diversity action against startup tech company.
- Represented commercial financier asserting fraud, conversion and breach of fiduciary duty claims against former consultant and attorney.
- Represented Chapter 7 trustee in investigation and prosecution of corporate insiders stemming from a multimillion-dollar corporate bleedout scheme.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Karl was a commercial litigation associate in the Philadelphia office of a national law firm. He also worked as a law clerk in the Washington, DC office of the same firm.
During law school, he worked at the Securities and Exchange Commission in the Office of International Affairs and the Division of Enforcement, Office of Market Intelligence. Karl also worked as a litigation intern at the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and as a judicial intern to the Honorable Judge Jonathan C. Thacher of the Fairfax County Circuit Court.