For more than 30 years, Ken has served as legal counsel to artists, creators and businesses in music, film, TV, theater, media and publishing. His clients include prominent individuals, collaborators and businesses in the creative and commercial arts, including multiple Grammy® award recipients, gold and platinum recording artists, Emmy® and other award winners. His commitment to advocacy has vaulted him to national leadership positions with The Recording Academy, the American Bar Association and other organizations.
Ken's practice spans across all media and entertainment platforms. Harnessing his years of experience as a musician and entertainer, Ken has extensive experience working with developing, established and legacy artists as well as their estates.
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox, Ken was the founder and chair of the Entertainment Law Department of Minneapolis-based Lommen Abdo, P.A. He was also an adjunct professor of Entertainment Law at Mitchell Hamline School of Law in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Ken frequently writes and speaks on entertainment law issues and is often sought out by local and national media for comment on legal questions that arise in entertainment industry news.
Honors & Awards
- Named to Nashville's Leadership Music Class of 2020
- Named among the Top Music Lawyers by Billboard (2018-2020)
- Named to a list of “Top Attorneys in Minnesota” by Mpls. St. Paul Magazine (2017)
- Named a "Minnesota Super Lawyer" by Super Lawyers Magazine (2017-2020)
- Named to "The Best Lawyers in America” list for Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures and Television and Entertainment Law - Music in Minnesota by Best Lawyers (2013-2021)
- Named to Billboard Magazine’s “50 Attorneys of Note in the Music Biz”
- Named to “Who’s Who Legal” in the area of Sports & Entertainment Law (2013-2017)
- Named among “Attorneys of the Year” by Minnesota Lawyer (2009)
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV Preeminent" Rated
- Recipient of the Ed Rubin Service Award by the American Bar Association's Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries (2016)