Kevin is a partner in the corporate department with particular experience in:
- Public finance
- Project finance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Nonprofit corporate counseling
Chair of the firm’s Public Finance Practice and past President of the Pennsylvania Association of Bond Lawyers, Kevin has served as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel and borrower’s counsel in numerous tax-exempt financings over the past 25 years.
Representative public finance transactions in recent years include:
- Acted as borrower’s counsel and bond counsel to a Philadelphia-based specialty hospital in three new money transactions totaling more than $550 million.
- Acted as bond counsel or borrower’s counsel for three local universities in five separate, new money financings. Projects included student housing, classroom and science buildings, infrastructure and refundings.
- Acted as underwriter’s counsel on eight separate financings totaling more than $300 million for a variety of higher education institutions in Pennsylvania.
- Acted as underwriter’s counsel on five charter school financings in New Jersey since 2012.
Kevin often works with public and private middle market companies in negotiating credit facilities for working capital, acquisition and construction projects. Recent projects include:
- $30 million receivables based line of credit facility for a public company
- $22 million senior loan facility used to finance the construction of a liquefied natural gas plant in Texas
Kevin also has considerable experience negotiating interest rate swaps both in commercial and tax-exempt settings.
Mergers and Acquisitions
Kevin has represented both public and private companies in a wide variety of acquisitions and sales transactions.
Recent representative transactions include:
- Sale of a local, family-owned candy manufacturer
- Acquisition by a public company of a regional manufacturer of industrial lubricants
- Acquisition by a public company of a regional manufacturer of industrial grease products
Nonprofit Corporate Counseling
Kevin serves as de facto general counsel and a business adviser for a number of nonprofit clients, including those in higher education. He provides guidance on a wide range of day to day issues including:
- Executive compensation and compliance with IRS intermediate sanctions
- Compliance with regulatory schemes, such as HIPAA, Gramm-Leach-Bliley and Title IX
- Donor and fundraising issues, such as planned giving
- Corporate compliance
Kevin hosts informal luncheons on various issues of interest to higher-education and nonprofit clients, and has spoken frequently to college and university leadership on a range of topics, including Title IX sexual violence enforcement, risk assessment and management practices for at-risk students, and risk and crisis management practices.
Before Fox Rothschild
In law school, Kevin was on the staff of the Villanova Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif.
Honors & Awards
• Martindale-Hubbell "AV® Preeminent™" rated