Laura is board certified by the North Carolina State Bar as a specialist in immigration law. Her practice centers on immigration and international law, with an emphasis on obtaining visas for foreign health care professionals.
She counsels a variety of companies and individuals on all aspects of business immigration, including:
- consular contacts
- employment- and family-based immigrant and non-immigrant visas
- Form I-9 issues
- ICE worksite enforcement
- inbound and outbound employee transfer
Laura also defends employers in workers' compensation claims and represents a variety of businesses in civil litigation and international dispute resolution.
Before Fox Rothschild
Laura was a partner at Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP, which merged with Fox Rothschild in 2018.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Laura speaks and writes regularly on topics relating to business immigration and employment law.
Honors & Awards
- Named Greensboro Best Lawyers Immigration Law Lawyer of the Year (2016)
- Recognized by Chambers and Partners, USA, as one of North Carolina Leaders, Employment (2016-2019)
- Selected by Law & Politics Magazine for inclusion in North Carolina Super Lawyers–Rising Stars Edition, Immigration (2009-2010)
- Recognized in Business North Carolina's Legal Elite for Immigration (2018, 2019)
- The Best Lawyers in America, Immigration Law, more than 10 years
- Martindale-Hubbell's top (AV) Peer Review Rating