Larry centers his practice on administrative and civil litigation, with an emphasis on health care, pharmaceuticals and medical devices, and professional negligence and licensing.
His health care practice includes the representation of hospitals, physicians, specialty practice groups and other providers in certificate of need and related regulatory matters before the Georgia Department of Community Health and in the courts. He has also represented medical professionals in malpractice actions and a wide array of professionals in licensing and disciplinary matters before Georgia's state examining boards.
In the pharmaceuticals and medical device areas, Larry has served as a member of national, regional, multidistrict and local counsel teams. The services he provides to clients include: case management, coordination, and defense; preventative counseling; document collection, review, and systems development; company and expert witness identification and development; discovery coordination; and insurance coverage litigation.
- Tanner Medical Center, Inc., et al. v. Vest Newnan, LLC, et al., 344 Ga. App. 901, ___ S.E.2d ___ (2018)
- Tanner Medical Center, Inc., et al. v. Vest Newnan, LLC, et al.; Georgia Department of Community Health v. Vest Newnan, LLC, et al., 337 Ga. App. 884, 789 S.E.2d 258 (2016)
- Siharath v . Sandoz Pharmaceuticals Corp.; Rider v. Sandoz Pharmaceuticals Corp., 131 F. Supp. 2d 1347 (N.D. Ga. 2001), aff’d., 295 F. 3d 1194 (11th Cir. 2002)
- Essex Group, Inc. v. Southwire Co., 269 Ga. 553, 501 S.E. 2d 501 (1998)
- Presto v. Sandoz Pharmaceuticals Corp., 226 Ga. App. 547, 487 S.E. 2d 70 (1997)
- Gillis v. American General Life & Accident Ins. Co., 222 Ga. App. 891, 476 S.E. 2d 648 (1996)
- American General Life & Acc. Ins. Co. v. Fisher, 208 Ga. App. 282, 430 S.E. 2d 166 (1993)
- Smith v. Cobb County-Kennestone Hosp. Authority, 262 Ga. 566, 423 S.E. 2d 235 (1992)
- Mitchell v. Haygood's Hauling & Grading, Inc., 194 Ga. App. 671, 391 S.E. 2d 481 (1990)
- Georgia Power Co. v. Kalman Floor Co., 256 Ga. 534, 350 S.E. 2d 421 (1986)
- Jones v. Brown, 174 Ga. App. 632, 331 S.E. 2d 24 (1985)
Before Fox Rothschild
Larry was a partner at Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP, which combined with Fox Rothschild in 2018.