Lincoln focuses his practice on sophisticated media, First Amendment, intellectual property and other entertainment-related litigation matters. He represents clients in the motion picture, television, publishing, broadcasting, Internet and advertising fields. In addition, Lincoln represents several of the principal underwriters for the media and entertainment industry.
He has tried cases in both state and federal courts for matters involving:
- Copyright infringement
- Right of publicity
- Right of privacy
- Trademark infringement
- Breach of contract
He also serves as clearance counsel for studios, documentary filmmakers, publishers and other entities and individuals in the entertainment and media industries.
His work defending a filmmaker was featured in the documentary film “Big Boys Gone Bananas.”
Before Fox Rothschild
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Lincoln was a partner at a national law firm. He also previously worked in the Legal and Business Affairs Department for The Carsey-Werner Company, a television production company.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
A frequent speaker and lecturer on media and intellectual property issues, Lincoln has served as a visiting professor at the Annenberg School of Journalism at the University of Southern California since the spring of 1995, teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in Media and Entertainment Law. He also serves as a judge each year for the Pepperdine Law School Entertainment Law Moot Court competition and is a frequent guest speaker for USC Law School and Loyola Law School. Additionally, Lincoln recently co-authored a chapter on United States law for the "International Libel and Privacy Handbook."
Lincoln also served as president of the Los Angeles Copyright Society from 2005-2006.
Honors & Awards
- Named to Variety Magazine's Legal Impact Report (2017, 2018)
- Named among the leading Media and Entertainment: Litigation attorneys in California by Chambers USA (2016-2018)
- Named to the “Top 100 Power Lawyers” by The Hollywood Reporter (2012-2014)
- Named among the “Top 50 Entertainment Lawyers” by the Los Angeles Daily Journal (2014)
- Named a “Leading Lawyer” in Media & Entertainment Litigation by Chambers USA (2011-2014, 2019)
- Named in the list of "Super Lawyers" for Intellectual Property Litigation in Southern California (2009-2019)
- Named to the list of "Super Lawyers - Rising Stars” for Intellectual Property Litigation in Southern California (2004-2006)
- Martindale-Hubbell® “AV Preeminent” Rating